A look at Long Beach Island, NJ
The Parry House was one of the earlier hotels on Long Beach Island. Bonds Long Beach House preceded it. It was a 200 bed hotel.
The Engleside Hotel was founded by Robert Engle, the former manager of the Parry House. This is an engraving of the hotel as it appeared in the 1800’s
Mr. Tee’s has two locations. The 18 hole mini golf remains at 18th Street in North Beach Haven. There is also and arcade and mini golf in Beach Haven just south of Murphy’s Market. Players can play 18 or 36 holes at the Beach Haven location.
Mr. Tee’s Arcade on 18th Street in North Beach Haven never reopened after Hurricane Sandy.
Long Beach Island is a low lying barrier island and, as such, is prone to flooding from tides and rain.
The Crystal Queen was a Paddle Boat that offered excursions to Atlantic City. She operated out of the Black Whale docks in Beach Haven. Service stopped some time after 2010.
There is a solitary house on a small private island off Center Street in Beach Haven.
The LBI Trailer Park was a fixture on Long Beach Island for Decades. It was located in the Holgate/Inlet section and provided some of the most affordable housing on the island. Unfortunately the owners decided to not rebuild after Hurricane Sandy.
The Long Beach Island Museum in Beach Haven has a great collection of memorabilia from the early days of Beach Haven and Long Beach Island.
We took a sail on New Jersey’s Tall Ship, the A.J. Meerwald in July 2019 from Beach Haven, NJ.
The A.J. Meerwald visited Beach Haven in 2012.