If you want to see what is happening on the island or just do a five minute virtual visit, here are some LBI webcams
Please leave a comment if you find that a camera is offline or if you know of other LBI cameras.
- Brant Beach Yacht Club – The bay from the Brant Beach Yacht Club. You can pan and zoom the camera. Take control by clicking the joystick button. (Oct 2019 – This MIGHT be disabled now. Check back for updates)
- Marsh Camera – A view of a salt marsh on LBI. Don’t get too excited watching this.
- Wunderground Weather Cameras – Webcams from Weather Underground Spotters on LBI. Click on any of the small images to see the webcam. Then click the image again for a larger view.
Boulevard & 28th, 38th and Holgate
- Traffic Cameras 38th and the Boulevard. This is a traffic cam of 38th and the Boulevard. NOTE – use the drop down box as shown in the image below. That will give you access to all 4 cameras
511.org Traffic Cams (Two cameras on Route 72)
511.org Traffic Cams will show a map. There are two cameras local to Long Beach Island. One is at 72 and the Garden State Parkway. The other is at Route 72 and Route 9. Zoom and pan the map and click on the appropriate camera icon.
The LBINJ.com cameras are the same feeds as the “At the Shore” cameras listed below. However, they seem to be a little more stable.
At the Shore
AtTheShore This is a collection of traffic and surf cams. The site seems a bit unstable but the cameras are very good location-wise. (note – check out the Lbinj.com cameras above. They are the same feeds but seem more reliable.
- Go to the AtTheShore page
- Scroll down to Long Beach Island and click
- Choose one of the cameras
- When the camera appears, you will probably have to “X” out one or two overlay ads. The ads fade over a second or two after you X them out.
- Note – you might get an M3U8 error on some of the cameras. This is a technical issue with the cameras. I’m not sure how consistent the error is.
- thesurfersview.com – The ocean (Not sure exactly which street) (live). An ad usually plays before the feed.
- Ship Bottom Surf Report – The beach at Ship Bottom (offline Jan 26 2018)
- Beach Haven Beach and Surf – A view of the beach. You might get a 15 second ad before getting the stream
- Hudson Ave. Harvey Cedars Surf – Hudson Avenue in Harvey Cedars Surf
A lot of cameras have gone offline or just plain wonky since this list was first published. I’m leaving the links here for a while in case they come back online
- Weather Underground – This was a decent set of weather cameras but it seems that the Weather Underground is no longer providing webcam hosting.
- iloveseaisle.com LBI Cams Links to cameras on Long Beach Island: Causeway traffic, bay and ocean views. There are also cameras for Cape May, Atlantic City, Ocean City MD, Ocean City NJ, Philadelphia and others. This is an EXCELLENT collection of webcams. (live, night) . Down as of April 2019. The page shows but the streams are not available. In addition, the page itself seems to be broken for LBI. Cameras in some other locations seem to be working. .
- http://attheshore.com/ This appears to be the camera source for iloveseaaisle.com. The LBI streams are broken as of April 2018. However, streams for other locations seem to be mostly working.
- Fantasy Island – A view of Fantasy Island in Beach Haven – OFFLINE as of April 2019
- The Flow House – Streaming from the Flow House in Beach Haven. Offline as of Jan 26 2018. This may be seasonal
- Harvey Cedars Marina – Still shots of the marina and bay periodically updated OFFLINE as of April 2019
- Barnegat Inlet – A view of Barnegat inlet. OFFLINE as of April 2019